Thursday, July 22, 2010

Administrative tasks and the Seminary textbook library was a major part of my work. Although I spent a couple of days at vacation bible school to help get things started, the bulk of my assignment was cleaning, organizing and creating spreadsheets for over 1000 books used for instruction in the seminary. This also meant getting rid of 1000s of damaged,out of date texts/materials and other assorted items that didn't work or were just ancient...like movie reels dating back to 1950s and a microfiche reader. Even though I spent the day covered in dust, it was a labor of love that answered my prayers. These are the before pictures...extreme water damaged ceiling tiles, more dust swirling around than a Arizona dust storm and a mouse that scurried around room as my constant companion :>).

Yes, those are containers of reel projector films!


There is a window buried behind this stack that opens which I didn't discover until days later. That was a glorious day(thanks Garth) to get fresh air into this space.




I can only guess how much mold and/or abestos was floating around the room :)





In the end, I was able to create spreadsheets logging info for every text, shelves cleaned, organized and labled by subject and a list of recommendations for the seminary president to consider. That year of working at a bookstore in high school, really came in handy for this project...it appears God's preparation for this trip started a long time ago :>)
Like any makeover,here is the after:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 Kim in Cameroon 2010.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.